Applying for a visa
From 30 June 2008, all visa applicants resident in Great Britain
and Northern Ireland must apply for their visa through the
online visa application service.
Please click here to begin your on-line
Please note that from 30 June 2008, any applications made
on old forms;
original paper forms or
downloaded/ photocopied versions of the new form
will be returned with all supporting documents to the
applicant, which will delay the application process.
Once I have applied online, what do I do?
1. Check the "Supporting Documents Required " page of this
website to ensure that you have all of the documents required to
support your application.
2. Check the "Visa Fees " page of this website to find out
about the current visa fees.
3. Check the "Processing Timeframes" page of this website to
ensure that you have enough time for your application to be
processed before your proposed date of travel.
4. Check the "Photo Requirements " page of this website to
ensure that you are providing an appropriate photo.
5. Once you have checked all of the above, submit your
application to this office. This must include:
- The online summary sheet signed by
- One passport photo
- All required supporting
- The processing fee (if required)
INFORMATION NOTE TO ASSIST APPLICANTS WITH THE
ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
An information note has been prepared to assist applicants
completing the online application form. This is available in: